Re: tomcat.deb is illegal in debian

begin  Raul Miller  quotation:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:25:37PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> >     Combining two modules means connecting them together so that
> >     they form a single larger program. If either part is covered
> >     by the GPL, the whole combination must also be released under
> >     the GPL--if you can't, or won't, do that, you may not combine
> >     them.
>
> You're suggesting that tomcat isn't connected with apache to form a
> single larger program?

	No, I'm saying that it is, and the problem is that our friend
here took the example of apache and debian not being "a single
program" as an example for why it should be okay to mix GPL-licensed
code with code that has a conflicting and incompatible license.

--
"The only thing is certain: Russian petty computer hooligans are very
slovenly, while FBI agents are very persistent in hunting them." --Pravda