Re: FYI: Zope Public License 1.1 vague, contradictory, and not DFSG-free

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>:

>   Basically, this whole part of the
> argument is a large no-op, and really shouldn't have been brought up in
> the first place unless you think it's time to consider the copyright on
> licenses as a valid thing in determining the DFSG-freeness or worth of
> inclusion in Debian of the program covered, in which case I say "cry havoc
> and loose the dogs of war".

Agreed. The GPL, for example, says:

 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

But we don't consider GPL programs that include a copy of the GPL as
non-free.

So let's just stop talking about the copyright of licences.

Edmund