Re: FYI: Zope Public License 1.1 vague, contradictory, and not DFSG-free

This is interesting in a weird sort of way.  If we're going to let
copyrighted licenses stand in our way, I guess cut-n-pasting parts of the
GPL for use in discussion is out too.  So far the consensus has been that
copyrighting a license is a no-op, since you can't copyright a contract.
As for the rest, the ZPL is a trivial rewrite of the 4 clause BSDL (which
may have some repercussions if Zope were ever to press the issue of
infringement on the license itself above and beyond the absurdity of a
contract being copyrighted), and the extra clause is debatable WRT DFSG
4, which I note is already being done.  Basically, this whole part of the
argument is a large no-op, and really shouldn't have been brought up in
the first place unless you think it's time to consider the copyright on
licenses as a valid thing in determining the DFSG-freeness or worth of
inclusion in Debian of the program covered, in which case I say "cry havoc
and loose the dogs of war".

--
EMACS == Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping