Re: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

Scripsit Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>

> The price you pay for that work is that you have to make your work
> available too. What is so unreasonable about that?

It's not necessarily unreasonable, but it's something that is
quite different from simply letting your code keep *its* freedom.
Which was all I said.

> and I don't understand why the proponents of "the GPL steals my code"
> can't (won't?) see it.)

GPL does not steal code. But it furthers interests that are different
from (and not completely compatible with), the interest of having the
code reused as widely as possible. That is a fact. Our opinions about
which interest deserves most weight are opinions.

--
Henning Makholm                        "They have a word for people our age.
                              They call us children and treat us like mice."