Re: Question about the old BSD license and GPL (gtkipmsg)

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 02:37:43PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> Debian's already doing this to some small extent by calling it Debian
> GNU/Linux.

No, we're not.

To see the difference, compare this to

Debian GNU/Linux -- This product includes software developed by the Apache
Group for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/).

The way I read it, to be allowed to distribute Apache, every time
we mention web serving in a debian context, if that context could be
construed as advertising we're obligated to include that Apache sentence.
[And we've got similar requirements for a variety of other potential
features.]

--
Raul