Re: Q: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:59:44PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > I think RMS's reasoning is that if you ever distribute the library
> > to A, you need to accept the contract called GPL - and in that
> > contract you promise to refrain from ever distributing to B a program
> > that links against that library and is not GPLed.

> If you ever distribute a program which includes GPLed code, you need
> to respect the GPL copyright.  And, if you try skirting that, there's
> also a legal principle called "contributory infringement" which makes
> skirting copyright rather difficult.

Could you elaborate on how that is different from what I describe?

--
Henning Makholm            "Make it loud, make it complicated, make it long,
                   and make it up if you have to, but it'll work all right."