Re: copyright lines in debian-specific package files

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 08:28:09PM -0400, Chris Ruffin wrote:

> I intend to adopt the package nasm-mode, but before I upload, I want
> to check to make sure that there isn't a problem with the:
>
> # Copyright 1999 chaos development
>
> line in debian/rules.  The former maintainer put it there.  Should I
> retain or delete it?

You certainly shouldn't delete it outright.

> Is it simply a copyright without a license?

There's no license there, so you need to contact the previous
maintainer.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dyndns.org/decss