Re: request

>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> writes:

Hey Sergio,

I really didn't want to post anything more in this thread, but you
forced me to, lest people think I said what your reply implies me
having said.

    >> Can you cite anything in the Berne convention or related treaties?
    >> -- Jürgen A. Erhard

You elided that which I was replying to, which was:

    Sergio> Please note that we are talking about "mail" here (we are
    Sergio> not talking about "articles" or other forms of
    Sergio> literature), and mail is subject to more strict rules
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sergio> withing the general copyright code.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Emphasis mine... obviously]

Now you go and quote the Berne Convention (thanks for the link, BTW,
will peruse it a bit) to no end...

BUT this has nothing to do with your original claim which I asked you
to prove.

Nowhere in the Berne Convention is the word "mail" to be found.  Much
less is there anything about mail being under stricter rules than
other documents.

I'd like to rest my case...

    Sergio> ***********************************************************************

    Sergio>   [BLAH elided]

    Sergio>   This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it
    Sergio>   should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
    Sergio>   written consent of the copyright owner.

    Sergio>   [BLAH]

your paragraph above doesn't even give permission to *transmit*).

I myself don't have a killfile... yet.  If I ever get one, someone
like you, Sergio, will likely be the reason.

You saw Brian Wolfe's mail?  I could almost sign that...

Bye, J

PS: Sorry, Marcus, ich hab' schon wieder Perlen verschwendet ;-)

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html