Re: considering international protections

> One thing we need to consider is litigating an international claim is
> going to be a pragmatic headache for anyone without deep pockets.  We
> need to leverage the national treatment principles to keep litigations
> close to home and in the most convenient forum.  Authors should include
> a choice of law and forum clause in their license.  The MPL is the only
> one really doing that now...

Ack.  Don't go there.  That is what is causing the huge headaches with
Python and GPL compatibility.  Restricting litigation to a particular
area might result in everything happening in Unfreedonia, or the Land
of Unlimited Liability.  Either one is a problem.

Regards,
Walter Landry
landry@physics.utah.edu