legal esoterica Re: Email Archive Request

I don't disagree but I think there should be a disclaimer when the major-domo requests are processed that requires assent to redistribution.

Alot of this stuff seems esoteric until you get sued... ;<  I mean frankly copyright law hasn't been much of an issue except to libraries and musicians until recently as the internet made the issues things your average schmoe company will sue over.

I think we need to protect the community against potential bad actors... my 2 cents...

Mark Rafn---
Regardless of technical esoterica, this is how it happens - messages are broadcast, archived by various people, and republished by some of them. This is good and useful, and if you don't like it, please set up your own list with whatever rules you prefer. -- Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>