Re: Keyspan Firmware fun

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 04:57:20PM +1000, Hugh Blemings wrote:
> On 27-Apr-2001 Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>
> > I agree completely that the patch should be integrated ASAP.
>
> I'm sorry, I beg to differ on this for 2.4.x kernels as it's quite an major
> change.  For 2.5.x certainly, but as maintainer I won't be integrating this
> for 2.4.x.

I agree, as maintainer for the entire usb-serial kernel package, I would
not accept this change right now unless one of the following things
happens:
	- Linus asks me to (or just does it.)
	- a lawyer tells me to
	- Keyspan asks to remove it

It's just too big of a architectural change for this to happen in a
stable kernel series.

When 2.5 happens, I will be glad to do this, as it will save kernel
memory for both this, and other drivers, and is the "right" thing to do
from a engineering standpoint.

thanks,

greg k-h