Re: Keyspan Firmware fun

Hi,

On 27-Apr-2001 Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Walter Landry <landry@physics.utah.edu> writes:
> [snip]
>
> Most importantly, the fact is that the code in question cannot be
> legally copied, and distributing it as part of Debian is contrary to
> our principles and our guidelines.

As per my earlier email, I've started the ball rolling with Keyspan
with respect to changing the wording to augment or change the
copyright/licence notice such that it won't have this impediment to basic
copying of the source files.

> I agree completely that the patch should be integrated ASAP.

I'm sorry, I beg to differ on this for 2.4.x kernels as it's quite an major
change.  For 2.5.x certainly, but as maintainer I won't be integrating this
for 2.4.x.

Regards,
Hugh