Re: Is there a free license which prohibits commercial derived works?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:24:37AM -0800, James A. Treacy wrote:
> This section has been changed to the following:
>     Not allowing use of their code in proprietary software. Since they are releasing
>     their code for all to use, they don't want to see others steal it.

I think the word "steal" is wrong here, about as wrong as "piracy"
would be.  I'd rather not encourage the notion that copyright
infringement is in any way like stealing, it is based solely on
propaganda.

I propose something like:

    Since they are releasing their code for all to use, they don't
    want to see others build on their work without giving the same
    favour back.

Richard Braakman