MasterMind(r)

I plan to package gnomermind (http://gnomermind.sourceforge.net,
no ITP yet). License is GPL.

This game let you play MasterMind(r) on you computer. It seems
that MasterMind is a registered trade mark. Maybe a silly question,
but I ask when I'm not sure: Is it safe to package this? Do you
know if it is possible that the people owning the trademark has
any rights/patents to the principles of the game. (This sounds
strange to me...)

I have talked to upstream, and if necesarry, he will remove all
references to MasterMind if necessary. He say MasterMind was originally
based on an old russian board game. One of his translators will give
me more info.

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <tca@gnu.org>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/