an unspecific license

Hi All,

What are the ramifications of releasing software with a statement of
what type of license the software can be used under, instead of explicit
terms and conditions?

e.g., If a package is release with the following license statement
      (or whatever conveys the same intent, which I hope is clear):

	This software can be used by individuals and corporations under
	the terms and conditions of any license that conforms to the
	Debian Free Software Guidelines.

      can one then go on to say...

	Redistribution of this software, or any work derived from it,
	must contain this license statement.

If this topic has been covered already, can you provide me with a clue
(keywords, dates, etc.) to aid in a search through the archives.

later,

	Bruce