Re: GNU/Linux taxed in Poland ?! (fwd)

    DP> btw, if you people have any decent job for me f.e. in czech
    DP> republic i would love to go there

I wouldn't say it's so much better here.  For example one of the biggest
Czech HW sellers, the only one who declined repeatedly to get into an
"advantageous" contract with M$ and offers Red Hat as well as Windoze as
the preinstalled OS on their machines, had very serious problem with
Czech police because of "illegal software copying" (forgotten
command.com on one sold machine).  (Maybe it's not just an accident that
some people say the former director of Czech M$, now the M$ director for
Middle and East Europe, is a former agent of communist secret police.)

Other interesting issue is that there were discussions in Czech free
software community whether Czech law allows anything like free license.
Fortunately (?) nobody of official jurisdiction and financial officers
seems to care about it.

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens on debian-devel