Re: GNU/Linux taxed in Poland ?! (fwd)

> > There was 0zl position in their financial books for linux system
> >(red-hat I think) and staroffice suite.

Probably they should not have mentioned it in their "financial books"
if it is not a physical item and they didn't pay for it. I mean, do
they put sunlight and gravity in their financial books, price 0zl?

Now that they have mentioned it, probably they should look up the
price of the CD and tell that price to the tax people so that the tax
people don't have to assume that the price of GNU/Linux is the same as
the price of Microsoft licences.

It sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. I'd be surprised if it
can't be solved quite easily.

Note: If some proprietary software company had donated software to a
Polish firm, and the firm didn't provide reasonable evidence of the
price, then the tax office would be quite right to make their own
estimate of the price and tax accordingly, so you have to understand
their point of view.

Edmund