Re: GNU/Linux taxed in Poland ?! (fwd)

> There was 0zl position in their financial books for linux system
>(red-hat I think) and staroffice suite.
>And that 0zl position became a problem.
>On polish isp-* lists this incident was at first ignored, but now it seems
>that it's getting pretty damn serious.

In case of Debian distro this is more serious problem because Debian
is non-commercial distro. Some people do not want to buy Storm or
Corel distros and they prefer a woody.

This is another important problem yet - licenses.
Tax-controllers do not understand a difference between a free software
(in GNU sense) and a free PC. They assumed if some company received
a licensed software for free that it means this software has a regular
price normally. And then they treats this software as a donation.

Regards,

Mariusz Przygodzki
dune@home.pl
http://www.dune.home.pl