Re: libapache-mod-fastcgi license?

Scripsit Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi>

> Open Market permits you to use, copy, modify, distribute, and license
> this Software and the Documentation solely for the purpose of
> implementing the FastCGI specification defined by Open Market or

> I'm especially concerned about the second paragraph: distribution is
> only allowed for a given purpose.

It looks like a "we want to own the interface" clause to me. The real
contents is likely to be that distribution etc. is not allowed if one
modifies the program to support a different interface.

Even in the worst case, Debian can safely say that it distributes this
package to help its users further the specified purpose, which should
be within even the most restrictive reading of the clause.

--
Henning Makholm         "Vend dig ikke om! Det er et meget ubehageligt syn!"