Re: [Talin@ACM.org: Suggestions for wording...?]

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 09:56:03PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I don't know the Guile license, but this is the exeption that GNU Classpath
> project uses to allow linking with anything not GPLed. (All Classpath code
> is copyrighted by the FSF.) I expect that the Guile license is almost the
> same.

The Guile exception clause is different:

 * As a special exception, the Free Software Foundation gives permission
 * for additional uses of the text contained in its release of GUILE.
 *
 * The exception is that, if you link the GUILE library with other files
 * to produce an executable, this does not by itself cause the
 * resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License.
 * Your use of that executable is in no way restricted on account of
 * linking the GUILE library code into it.
 *
 * This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why
 * the executable file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.
 *
 * This exception applies only to the code released by the
 * Free Software Foundation under the name GUILE.  If you copy
 * code from other Free Software Foundation releases into a copy of
 * GUILE, as the General Public License permits, the exception does
 * not apply to the code that you add in this way.  To avoid misleading
 * anyone as to the status of such modified files, you must delete
 * this exception notice from them.
 *
 * If you write modifications of your own for GUILE, it is your choice
 * whether to permit this exception to apply to your modifications.
 * If you do not wish that, delete this exception notice.