new version of pilrc with strange license addition

This is also forwarded to debian-legal (cc me please as I'm not on the
list and would like to know the outcome)

With version 2.5b6 (at least, possibly earlier) this has appeared in
the license distributed with pilrc.

> 2. Distribution
> ---------------
>
> The  PilRC distribution occurs  in source format and compiled
> executable format (Microsoft Windows).  This agreement and any other
> documentation must be available at all times within the download of
> this software.
>
> PilRC may only be distributed at the following URL:
            ^^^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

>   http://www.ardiri.com/index.cfm?redir=palm&cat=pilrc
>
> The  distribution files (source and binaries) are available at this
> URL. You are entitled to express to others the URL in order to obtain
> PilRC for use with your "distribution". Additional distribution of
> binaries is permitted if they are built and send to the Maintainer
> for distribution at the above URL.

This violates the DFSG (correct?) but there is a further clause under
section 4 relating to derived works.

> 4. Derived Works
> ----------------
>
> You are permitted to modify PilRC and build "derived works" based on
> he source code under the condition that the source code remains
> available within the new distribution and is not considered a
> competing product to the PilRC distribution.
>
> The origin of this Software  must not be  misrepresented;  you  must
> not claim that you wrote the original software.  If you use this
> software in "derived" works an acknowledgement in the product
> documentation is required, providing the URL stated previously.
>
> Any "derived works" for commercial purposes requires the written
> consent of the current PilRC Maintainer.

Which seems to suggest someone could derive a work of pilrc and
distribute it separately (?)

--
Ashley Clark