Re: complete clone of the debian website

Today, Ronald L. Chichester wrote:

> > > Nice. Time to write them a letter I guess. How about something like this:
>
> Might I suggest contacting a French law firm as the alleged infringer is a
> French organization.  A quick contact to a French law firm would enable us to
> add some legal teeth (in the form of a statute) to the letter.  A French
> European Patent Attorney that is associated with my law firm suggested
> contacting:
>
> Mr. Christian Derambure of the firm of Jouju Derambure Bugnion
>
> Their site is http://www.bdsa.com/en/accueil.htm
>
> Maybe they might give us advice pro bono, considering the non-profit nature of
> our organization.

Another possibility: contact them and tell them the pages have been
inspired by your site, as proven by the logo, and that it bothers you as
such. I browsed the pages, it looks like a small company, they will
certainly correct this quickly. It depends if Debian wants to adopt the
legal stance right now, or warns them first.

--
JCD