Re: Free Documentation License

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 08:30:08PM -0400, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > Personally, I have to wonder if this type of thing is DFSG-free:
>
>  I think we have a problem here. The DFSG clearly does not apply to
> documentation, just like the GPL. As the FSF created a new license, we need
> to create guidelines to what we consider a "free documentation", as in free
> speech.. =)

I will be really interested in working on such Guidelines. BTW, should
we limit ourself to documentation or also include any content on this?
That's important because the need of a Free Documentation is really
different than the one for Free Content.

It's a long time I wait for the FDL and, although it address some issues
I find critical, I'm more please with the OPL. May be I'll write my own
licences one day since none actually really please me for all my
non-programming works.

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70