Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 10:22:09AM -0500, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Right, b/c both require the code (whether it be XFree or GPL) to
> remain under its license: GPL requires you to include the GPL b/c the
> GPL'd code remains under the GPL when you redistribute, and XFree
> requires you to include the XFree license b/c the XFree code remains
> under the XFree license. Makes sense to me, I'm glad you agree now
> ;-).

The problem in the case of GPLed code + Qt is that there are contradictory
requirements.  Which means that not all of the requirements can be
satisfied.

Which means (see section 7 again), that the GPLed program can't be
legally distributed.

[Um.. let me guess.. you already knew I was going to say this and
you're just trying to see if I'm so sick of repeating myself that
I'm not going to post anymore?]

--
Raul