Re: License issues with fortune packages?

Scripsit Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no>

> However, some of those a quotes from movies, like matrixfortunes,
> fortune-starwars etc is this a license problem, or are quotes ok to
> be redistributed?  (Usually, at least in Norway, you can quote
> anything you want, but I'm not sure about collections of quotes.)

My gut feeling is that all is fine as long as the collection cannot
serve as a substitute for the original work and the original work
cannot be reconstructed from the collection.

(But why don't users just collect their quotes themselves? It's
somewhat more work, but it's also much more personal and satisfying
than just installing a canned set of quotes somebody selected).

--
Henning Makholm                   "We will discuss your youth another time."