Re: orphaning fetchmail

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>:

> > fetchmail is licensed under GPL license. What about conflict between GPL
> > and BSD clauses from openssl? I mean the problem with mutt and ssl. What
> > about lynx-ssl, links-ssl, fetchmail-ssl and others?
>
> I know nothing about this issue.  Copying to -legal (and trimming Cc:
> list).

According to /usr/doc/fetchmail/copyright, Fetchmail is licensed under
the GPL plus a "NO-VIRUS CLAUSE". Also it's copyright Eric Raymond,
rather than a long list of people, many of whom cannot be contacted to
ask for permission.

So, I would guess that the problem that Mutt had with openssl doesn't
apply to Fetchmail.

The maintainer can always ask Eric if they are unsure.

Edmund