Re: orphaning fetchmail
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: orphaning fetchmail
- From: Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:16:16 +0000
- Message-id: <20001214231616.A3775@rano.org>
- In-reply-to: <20001213232004.A3111@polya>; from J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk on Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 11:20:04PM +0000
- References: <20001212122612.B19064@jupiter.bsfh.org> <20001213185113.B2210@polya> <20001213200415.A25278@mclink.it> <20001213232004.A3111@polya>
Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>:
> > fetchmail is licensed under GPL license. What about conflict between GPL
> > and BSD clauses from openssl? I mean the problem with mutt and ssl. What
> > about lynx-ssl, links-ssl, fetchmail-ssl and others?
> I know nothing about this issue. Copying to -legal (and trimming Cc:
According to /usr/doc/fetchmail/copyright, Fetchmail is licensed under
the GPL plus a "NO-VIRUS CLAUSE". Also it's copyright Eric Raymond,
rather than a long list of people, many of whom cannot be contacted to
ask for permission.
So, I would guess that the problem that Mutt had with openssl doesn't
apply to Fetchmail.
The maintainer can always ask Eric if they are unsure.