Re: hx should be removed from the distribution unless copyright is clarified

> asf, asf is not a real entity, although I am not sure if this matters.
> The package was not made in 1991 - I wittnessed its creation only a
> few years ago.

So far as this is a license from the real copyright owner, the copyright
irregularities
can only hurt him, not us.

> The GPL version 69 has never been published.
But version 2 has, and that's earlier than version 69.

> I have been trying to package a much more recent version of hx, in which
all
> mentions of the GPL seem to have disappeared. When the upstream author
> was inquired, he was consistant with the what you would guess about
> him reading this message so far. He said that hx was no not under any
> license, and he thought that software licensing was stupid and he did
> not care about it.

That means we can't distribute that version, if he's not willing to add
a license.
We still have a legal license on the one in the archive, though.

--
David Starner - dvdeug@hushmail.com
http://dvdeug.dhis.org