Re: Intel Microcode License

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 11:27:45AM +0100, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:

> [stuff deleted]
>
> Maybe they can add a restrictive clause on use (use is permitted only on
> Intel CPU and only with original microcode).

It's not possible to place restrictions on the use of a lawfully aquired
copyrighted work using only copyright.

> What I should send Intel to convince to change the license?

Tell them Debian can't distribute it with their operating system because
their license violates our guidelines. Point them at
http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@ristuccia.com