Re: Source code with no (explicit) licence

begin Raul Miller quotation:

> That said, this is a bit off-topic for this list.

If so, then numerous licence/legal questions about packages not proposed
for Debian over the past 24 months (and about sundry licences in the
abstract) have been likewise off-topic.

You might find this thread useful if future software authors post here,
asking about an ITP for their no-licence software:  It might help
list participants explain why an explicit licence is necessary, and what
happens in its absence (under USA law, at least).

The USA legal questions have been settled to my satisfaction.  My thanks
to you and David Starner.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm