Re: Irony of RSA Encryption

This is my last message, I swear. I'm beginning to agree with
Joesph Carter here - this is a waste of time, and a bit scary
coming from a Debian developer.

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 01:48:00AM -0500, Paul Serice wrote:
> So, that's the "case in point": Under the RSA example, the current
> legal regime, for all its imperfections, results in software and ideas
> that are freer than what you would have under a pure GPL legal regime.

Like what? Free software people don't patent software, so if RSA had
been under this pure GPL "regime", it would never have been patented,
and hence would have been in the public domain for the last decade. The
RSA people didn't release any software to the public domain, so that's
irrelevant. Your example is totatlly bogus.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org