Re: MIT License?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

) Jean-Christophe Dubacq <Jean-Christophe.Dubacq@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:
) >Maybe I am a bit stupid, but it only guarantees that the copyright
) >notice stays. I might have a problem with the word 'sublicense'. Does
) >this word mean that:
) >
) >- you can use the same license
) >- you can use any license
) >- you can use any license which is no more restrictive than the original
) >one (is 'You have to put this copyright notice a restriction or not ?)
) >- you can use any license which is no less restrictive than the orginial
) >one.
)
) As far as I know, you can use any licence. This is not a copyleft: the
) software doesn't have to stay free, and you can make it into proprietary
) software if you like. But that doesn't stop it being DFSG-free.

More specifically, you can use any license so long as the terms mentioned
are obeyed.
--
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"

http://lit.compsoc.com/
http://www.litsu.ie/