Re: MIT License?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

) Jean-Christophe Dubacq <Jean-Christophe.Dubacq@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:
) >Maybe I am a bit stupid, but it only guarantees that the copyright
) >notice stays. I might have a problem with the word 'sublicense'. Does
) >this word mean that:
) >
) >- you can use the same license
) >- you can use any license
) >- you can use any license which is no more restrictive than the original
) >one (is 'You have to put this copyright notice a restriction or not ?)
) >- you can use any license which is no less restrictive than the orginial
) >one.
) As far as I know, you can use any licence. This is not a copyleft: the
) software doesn't have to stay free, and you can make it into proprietary
) software if you like. But that doesn't stop it being DFSG-free.

More specifically, you can use any license so long as the terms mentioned
are obeyed.
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"