Re: MIT License?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 03:42:35PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been looking at a piece of software which is under the MIT license.
> Its probably good enough to use for debian, but I'd like to know the pros
> and cons of the MIT license when compared with GPL or BSD. I guess the
> author also would like to know them, maybe he will change to GPL.
> Copy of his ("MIT") license below.

Just let it be. The MIT license is a sweet license that's good
enough for everyone. The main difference between it and the GPL
is that the GPL is a copyleft, and I don't think Debian should be
trying to convince everyone to go to copylefts.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org