Re: MIT License?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> LICENSE:
> Copyright (c) 2000 Mikael Johansson
>
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
> "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
> without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
> distribute, sublicense and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
> permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
> the following conditions:
>
> The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
> included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
[standard disclaimer]

Maybe I am a bit stupid, but it only guarantees that the copyright
notice stays. I might have a problem with the word 'sublicense'. Does
this word mean that:

- you can use the same license
- you can use any license
- you can use any license which is no more restrictive than the original
one (is 'You have to put this copyright notice a restriction or not ?)
- you can use any license which is no less restrictive than the orginial
one.

It makes no sense to me.
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq