Re: Is this license DFSG-free?

Samuel Hocevar <sam@via.ecp.fr> wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 21, 2000, Andrew Stribblehill wrote:
>> I want to package something with this license. Is it acceptable to
>> go into main? I'm most concerned with the 2nd paragraph -- does it
>> pass DFSG 1?
>
>   I don't think so. Also, this license does not explicitly allow
>modification and redistribution of modified forms.

Agreed about DFSG 1, but I think that, given the following:

  No charge, other than an "at-cost" distribution fee, may be charged
  for copies, derivations, or distributions of this material without the
  express written consent of the copyright holders.

... it's reasonable to assume that derivations that are distributed
without charge or at cost are permitted.