Another free IMAPD?

RMS asked about other free-software IMAP servers. Cyrus isn't one, but
acording to one of their lawyers... their intents match the GNU GPL....
I had this conversation a while ago....

--- Begin Message ---
Nicol=E1s,

Let me clarify the intent behind CMU's Cyrus copyright.

It is NOT Carnegie Mellon's intent to require a license agreement
with ISPs or others offering similar services, who are simply using
the Cyrus code base as the foundation for the mail service, which=20
they are providing to their customers.

A license would be required if you are, or plan on selling a product
which uses or is based on, in whole or in part, the Cyrus code base.
This includes hardware and/or software. If you do wish to sell a product
which is based on, in whole or in part, the Cyrus code base, we have two
very reasonable licensing options for this purpose. I would be glad to
explain those to you if this is of interest.

I hope this clears up your question. Please feel free to contact me
via e-mail if there is any way I can be of service.

Best Regards,

Brian