Date:   Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:33:29 -0500
From: mosfet <mosfet@mandrakesoft.com>
To: forge@myrealbox.com
CC: kde-licensing@kde.org
Subject: Re: QT Designer _NOT_ under QPL.

Kevin Forge wrote:

> There is an interesting wrinkle in the whole QT, QPL and GPL
> debate.  Troll has just unleashed a beta version of it's IDE
> type software licensed under the GPL and distributed in the
> QT package.
>
> Is Debian gona drop this or all of QT ?  Note that it's the
> RAW GPL.  No exemptions.

Even most Debian people say that the demands to make code written for Qt
have a license clause has no legal basis. It will be amusing to see how
they react to a GPL Qt application from Troll Tech themselves ;-) If
they want to remove Qt because of this screw them - there is absolutely
no legal issues carrying with carrying it.

BTW, I am very happy that the Trolls made the designer free. It's a kick
butt app :)

------- End of Forwarded Message