Re: Urgent: Mirroring of encryption software in the USA

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:21:57PM +0200, Jens Müller wrote:
> No, that's illegal according to US export regulations (I think with
> "software" you mean such software as covered by those regulations)

Not so.

Crypto software can now legally be exported provided you're willing to
register yourself with the government as exporting software and agree to
not knowingly export to countries such as Iraq, which the government
happens to not like at the moment.

* Dry-ice can't code his way out of a paper bag
<Coderjoe> dry-ice: int main() { ExitPaperBag(); return 0; }
<Knghtbrd> Is that how that's done then?  *takes notes*