Re: Fwd: Libranet (Debian derivate) requires $10 membership

Bruce J. Perens wrote:

>---> Quote from http://www.libranet.com/download.html <---
> If, after installing Libranet, you decide to keep it, then you
> must become a member.  [ ... ] You become a part of the rapidly
> growing Libranet community. The cost of membership is only
> us$10.00.

Worse than that.  The `collection' as an ISO image cannot be sold
or redistributed.

Take a stack of GPLed programs, combine them with one of their
own non-GPLed programs and make the whole non-redistributable?
I'd be inclined to look through it for some of my code and demand
that they remove it from their ISO image.

 Copyright Information

  The Libranet iso image is copyright 2000 Libra Computer Systems
  Ltd.  The programs contained within the Libranet distribution
  are copyright of their respective owners.  You may freely
  download and use this distribution for any purpose with the
  exception that you may not sell or distribute this iso image
  without prior permission from Libra Computer Systems Ltd.  The
  programs contained within the Libranet distribution have been
  released under several different licenses, mostly under the
  GPL. For more information read each program's respective
  documentation.

Peter