Re: reiserfs-utils_3.5.19-1_i386.changes REJECTED (fwd)

Andrew Lenharth <adl@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> >From the copyright:
> >| If you wish to integrate it with any other
> >| software system which is not GPL'd, without integrating it into an
> >| operating system kernel, then you must obtain an additional license.
> >This makes this software non-free.  If you disagree with this
> >analysis, please take it up on debian-legal@lists.debian.org.  Thanks.
> >James
>
> I don't agree.  The GPL only allows integration with GPL products.

Eh?  No it doesn't.  I can, for example, integrate GPLed code into a
product with a MIT-style license without problems.

I think I understand what the license is trying to say (that non-GPL
licenses are available from the author, if you don't want to be bound
by the terms of the GPL?), but the way it's currently worded is
incredibly sloppy and fails the DFSG.

--
James