Re: complete clone of the debian website

"Chloe Hoffman" <chloehoffman@hotmail.com> writes:

> "All rights reserved" is not necessary. This is just a legacy from the past
> which I believe is no longer required - you had to use that language in
> order to get certain protections in some Latin America countries but no
> longer. All rights are reserved automatically in the absence of a license
> (whether express or implied).

"All Rights Reserved" was a magic phrase necessary for copyright
protection under the Pan-American Copyright Treaty.  It is my
understanding that there are still signatories to this treaty which
have not agreed to the Berne Convention, so it's still a good idea to
continue to say "All Rights Reserved" to be sure to have protection in
such countries.

Thomas