Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 12:36:47PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Seth David Schoen writes:
>
> > accreted on top of the copyright system, so that authors have become
> > quite insistent about their absolute "ownership" of their work, and
>
> I should probably say that agents and publishers have become quite
> insistent about their absolute ownership of the authors' work.

I think the recording industry is trying to purchase (or has recently
purchased) a law that satisfies this insistence. The gist I got was that the
law would make all work they publish will be considered a work for hire.
This it would be impossible to publish your own recordings through a record
company without effectively assigning the copyright to that record company.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@ristuccia.com