Re: GPL'ed libs -- oil and water?

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 12:05:06AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> If I write a program that links to a GPL'ed library, what licenses may I use?
> Am I "stuck" with the GPL?

Your code can be under whatever license you want, but the combined work
(the binary, at least) has to still be distributed under the terms of the
GPL (ie, with source).

If someone were then to replace the libraries, they'd be allowed to also
take out your code and forget about the GPL entirely though.

I think that's right.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark