Re: real ksh available as sources

Scripsit Juhapekka Tolvanen <juhtolv@st.jyu.fi>

> http://www.research.att.com/sw/license/ast-open.html

> Does anybody know, if that licence qualifies as a Free Software licence
> according to DFSG?

It doesn't. I seem to recall it has been discussed here previously;
a quick readthrough reveals:

  - a "you must monitor our web site" clause

  - a "you are responsible for ensuring that people you distribute
    the software to comply with this license" clause

  - a "you must contact us if you distribute patches" clause

  - an unilateral-termination clause

  - a "you must adhere to U.S. law" clause

--
Henning Makholm                           "Eksperterne har meget instruktivt
                               sammenlignet DNA-molekylet med bogstaver i en