[Fwd: license for iozone]

Forwarded is the email i recieved regarding izone licensing
--- Begin Message ---
There is no license requirement. The only thing that Iozone requires is that
the
code maintain the information about the authors and contributors. Yep, it is
free and may be re-distributed for free. The copyright is intended to
prevent someone
from creating a commercial package by just taking the code and then selling
it.

I would love to see it become distributed with debian, Redhat, Suse, as well
as other
Unix variants.  I have been working on getting it distributed with HP-UX,
NetBSD,
Redhat and others.

I am biased as I have been working on Iozone for many years but in my
opinion it
is a far better tool than Bonnie or Bonnie++.  The list of features in
Iozone is almost
longer than the source code for Bonnie :-)

Enjoy,
Don Capps
capps@technologist.com