Fwd: License problem with DEC SRC Modula-3

--- Begin Message ---
Richard Stallman recently contacted me about the same issue raised in your
fax.  (I don't have anything to do with Modula-3 development; I just happen
to be someone at SRC whom Richard knows slightly.)

management for m3cc, the modifications to gcc to serve as a Modula-3 compiler
backend, to be distributed under either the GPL or the original license.
I believe this corrects the GPL violation (and I believe it's what the
authors of m3cc originally intended to do).  We will soon be putting a
version of m3cc on the SRC Modula-3 bugs and patches page with the updated
licensing terms in the relevant files.

I do not believe there is any need to release any other components of
the Modula-3 system under the GPL, as only m3cc is linked with GPL'ed code,
and so I didn't seek permission for that.

Tim Mann  <mann@pa.dec.com>  Compaq Systems Research Center
http://www.research.compaq.com/SRC/personal/Tim_Mann/

--- End Message ---