Re: Compuclick Ltda - Debian Vendor Page

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:30:12PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> > > COMPUCLICK IS AUTHORIZED MANUFACTURER OF THE OFFICIAL CD OF DEBIAN AND BY
> > > EACH CD THAT YOU BUY TO US YOU CONTRIBUTE TO AUTOMATICAMENTE A DOLAR TO
> > > ALL PROJECTS DEBIAN/GNU BY INTERVAL OF FOUNDATION SPI

What kind of crap is this?  Who taught this person English?  Binding legal
terms should be written in clear, unambiguous, grammatic, and spell-checked
language.

* An indefinite article is required before "AUTHORIZED".  To use the
  definite article would be false.
* "BY EACH CD THAT YOU BUY TO US" is some of the worst preposition abuse
  I've ever seen.  The phrase is nonsensical.
* "YOU CONTRIBUTE TO" should not be followed by an adverb, if that's what
  that piece of subsequent garbage is.
* "AUTOMATICAMENTE" isn't even a word.
* "DOLAR" isn't a word, either.
* "ALL PROJECTS DEBIAN/GNU" is not a grammatical construct.
* There is no such thing as "DEBIAN/GNU".  Debian is one entity, GNU is
  another; neither project exists in enough of a legal sense to be able to
  receive funding in the formal manner described.
* "BY INTERVAL OF" is also not a grammatical construct.
* "SPI" is not a foundation.
* If one wants to donate money to Debian, one donates to Software in the
  Public Interest, Inc.  If one wants to donate money to GNU, one donates
  to the Free Software Foundation.
* There is no period at the end of this sentence, if it is reasonable to call
  this horrible piece of filth a sentence.

I suggest "COMPUCLICK" confine themselves to conducting business only in
languages with which they have some facility (if any exist).

I don't think we would be deriving much of a revenue stream from them
anyway, if their arithmetic skills are as poor as their linguistic ones.

Permission is hereby granted to redistribute this mail, particularly if it
makes its way back to the chowderheads who wrote that piece of excrement.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |            You live and learn.
Debian GNU/Linux               |            Or you don't live long.