Re: x3270 licenses

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> We don't have permission to redistribute (at all---why is this in
> non-free?)

It used to be in main....

> Please do try to contact the Copyright holders if you can.
> This license obviously does not say what they intend it to mean.

I tried emailing them a couple of years ago (I didn't realise it had
been that long myself until I just checked now), but didn't hear a
thing in reply.  I'll try again, and follow up with a fax, letter or
phone call if I don't get a response.

This code was originally released as 3270tool, on comp.sources.sun,
with the following copyright:

/*
 * Copyright 1989 by Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, GA.
 * Copyright 1988, 1989 by Robert Viduya.
 *
 *                         All Rights Reserved
 */

Yikes.  I couldn't track down an early package when the license
changed to "public use".

Robert Viduya says in the message with the source:

} This is something I wrote a couple of years ago, but due to some problems
} here at Tech, have only just now gotten permission to release.

It looks like I'm taking a couple of years to sort out the copyright
too...

	 This message was composed from the finest electrons
	 used by many of the world's greatest writers.