Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

Joey Hess said:
> > I guess the main questions are:
> > 1) What should the license be?
>
> You might want to check the archive, I did think we had discussed this
> before and came to some sort of agreement. Unfortunatly, I'm not in a
> position to check this week.

Some of you discussed this before in private emails.  As far as I can
see from the archives both debian-legal and debian-www have some parts
of the discussion but you can see large gaps in it.  One of the emails
(from Jay) even says please CC it to the webmasters because we are
missing chunks of it.

For example, I can see stuff like 'yeah that's ok but change the fourth
paragraph to this ....'. Which doesn't make any sense if you don't have
the original email.

> > 2) Who needs to "bless" it?
> Legally, just SPI, since most pages on the web site assign copyright to them
> via the foooter #include.
Great.  We'll get something together then email SPI with the new license
for their ok.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>