Re: KDE not in Debian?

sorry, it needed debian weekly news to get this message:

If the KDE folks would make a reasonably solid statement of permission,
[something that counts as a legal grant of permission] we could probably
distribute most of KDE (last time I checked, there were only six packages
which had problems -- nontrivial packages, but only six of them).

we discussed this with several kde core developers, and kame to exactly the
same conclusion:
 - lgpl is not a problem
 - gpl´ed but written by kde people: a statement that linking with qt is ok,
   and it can go in.
 - gpl´ed but written by someone else: don´t put it into debian. try to get
   the same statement from everyone involved into the program, then maybe
   try again.

this was about nine months ago at the linuxtag in germany.

the kde people gave all necessary statemtens as far as i can see, but
if you want something special: you name it, you get it.

so please, tell me how i can help to get kde into debian.
i´m a gnome fan. but most parts of kde are open source software,
and i want the user to have the choice to use those.

regards, andreas
former debian developer for kde. anytime again if you need me.
stuck in debian new maintainer queue.