Fixing the KDE legal issues

I can think of three potential solutions to the GPL/QPL license conflict:

   (1) rewrite from scratch all KDE programs so that they don't use GPL.

   (2) contact all the authors of the existing KDE GPLed programs, and
       get appropriate permissions.

   (3) write a GPLed Qt workalike (that is: revive the Harmony project).

And, the interesting thing is that all three options complement each
other.  We could pursue all three.

I've seen some declarations that indicate that KDE is already doing some
work in the direction of option 1.  So that's already covered.

Perhaps the people mentioned on the page at http://kde.tdyc.com/ would
be willing to coordinate any work towards option 2.

Finally, I wonder if anyone would be interested in reviving the Harmony
project?

--
Raul